Hire MoVal – Hire A Grad
Get rewarded up to $5,000 for Hiring local graduates!
With the new Hire MoVal – Hire a Graduate program, Moreno Valley businesses are eligible to receive incentives for hiring Moreno Valley residents who have recently graduated or earned a certificate from an accredited college or university in Riverside County. Local businesses may be awarded a $1,000 stipend for each recent Moreno Valley graduate up to a maximum of five new hires.
In order to be eligible, Moreno Valley businesses must be licensed by the City of Moreno Valley and hire a Moreno Valley resident who has received a degree from an accredited Riverside County college or university, completed a vocational educational training program from an school or finished a comprehensive CTE Course of no less than three courses through the Riverside County Office of Education within the past two years.
The new hire must work for the employer for at least six months for a minimum of 35 hours per week before the business can apply for the $1,000 Hire A MoVal Grad incentive. The Hire A MoVal Grad program is the latest phase in the City’s award winning Hire MoVal program to provide incentives to businesses in exchange for hiring Moreno Valley residents.
The Hire A MoVal Grad program begins July 1, 2017.
Hire MoVal Incentive Program
The award winning Hire MoVal program encourages Moreno Valley businesses to make a good faith effort to hire qualified residents. Businesses can demonstrate their Hire MoVal support in the following ways:
- Using the Employment Resource Center’s no cost workforce recruitment services. The ERC can assist with:
- Job announcements
- Applicant testing
- Job fair support
- Providing job announcements so the City can help publicize these events.
- Adopting a “First Source” hiring practice that gives residents advance notice about recruitments.
Hire MoVal also provides a financial incentive to qualified new businesses served by Moreno Valley Utility. Eligible businesses under the Economic Development Rate can also access an additional 2-4% electrical rate discount for hiring Moreno Valley residents.
- Download the Hire MoVal flyer for additional details
- Download the Hire MoVal MVU flyer for additional Utility rate information
Hire MoVal for Small Businesses
Now Hire MoVal has been extended to serve even more Moreno Valley businesses with new and exciting benefits for Small Businesses.
- Business License Discount! Receive a fee waiver on your business license fee for businesses with less than $200,000 in gross revenues and who hire at least 40% of their employees for the more than 92,000 people in Moreno Valley’s residential workforce.
- Access to exclusive job recruitment services at the Moreno Valley Employment Resource Center.
- Free one-on-one expert business counseling services and workshops with the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Save with key energy programs with the Moreno Valley Utility. These include energy audits, custom energy efficiency programs, and the level payment plan that allows you to spread utility payments throughout the year to help protect from seasonal peaks. Contact the Moreno Valley Utility at 951.413.3500 for program details.
For more information, contact Business Licenses at 951.413.3080.
- Download the Hire MoVal for Small Business flyer for additional details.
Sign up for Hire MoVal Jobs and receive important news about local jobs and recruitment activities at the Moreno Valley Employment Resource Center. Click on the button below to sign up today!